Rouge Valley Health System is committed to individual privacy and to protecting your personal health information. We collect health personal information under the authority of the Public Hospitals Act and the Personal Health Information Protection Act, 2004 to provide health care programs and services, and take steps to ensure that your information remains confidential and secure.
This website is maintained by Rouge Valley Health System and is intended to guide patients with shoulder problems and primary care practitioners to the services we provide. The website is not designed to accept direct patient inquiries and any medical information you provide is not protected and will not be used in your care. Referral information should still be sent through fax transmissions from primary care provider to our fax line. If possible, please use our referral form to provide information for referral screening.
As a patient at RVHS, you have the right to:
- See and ask for a copy of your health information;
- Ask us to make corrections to inaccurate or incomplete health information;
- Ask us for a list of how we use or share health information;
- Be told if your information is lost, stolen or shared with someone without authorization; and
- Change your mind if you have previously given us permission to use or share your health information.
Collecting and sharing information
RVHS may collect, use and share your health information for the following reasons:
- To provide you with health care;
- To communicate with or consult with other health care providers;
- For payment-related purposes (including OHIP, WSIB, private insurance companies and others);
- To plan, manage and administer RVHS programs and services;
- For research (with Research Ethics Board approval);
- For teaching;
- For statistical and other kinds of reporting obligations;
- For fundraising activities; and
- For other purposes as permitted or required by law.
Your health information is stored in accordance with RVHS retention policies and as required by law. Otherwise it is destroyed, erased, or made anonymous.
Ontario Laboratories Information System
Rouge Valley is now connected to the Ontario Laboratories Information System (OLIS), an electronic system that can store and share laboratory requisitions and test results digitally. Learn more.
Questions or complaints
RVHS Privacy Office
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 416-284-8131, ext. 7782
- By mail: Attn: Privacy Contact Person Rouge Valley Health System 2867 Ellesmere Road Toronto, ON M1E 4B9
Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario
- Phone: 416-326-3333 or toll-free at 1-800-387-0073